STAR will be hosting several activities this April in recognition of National Sexual Assault Awareness Month intended to educate community members on how to help prevent sexual assault and abuse. Since 2001, Sexual Assault Awareness Month has been observed nationally as a combined effort between individuals, organizations, and the local community to raise awareness about and prevent sexual violence. Anyone can join the movement by attending an event, joining STAR’s mailing list, volunteering at STAR, or by donating funds to support STAR’s free and confidential services. Upcoming SAAM events will include:
- Champions of Change Annual Breakfast honoring District Attorney Hillar C. Moore, III: April 6 @ 7:30 am – 9:00 am at the Renaissance Hotel
- Kendra Scott Give Back Night: April 20 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, located at 10156 Perkins Rowe #150
- Women’s Self Defense Seminar: April 22 @ 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, hosted by BR Krav Maga at 10221 Patriot Drive, Ste A, Baton Rouge, LA 70816.
- Bistro for a Cause: April 24 @ 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm, hosted at Mid-City (5412 Government Street) or Perkins Rowe (8200 Village Plaza Ct) locations.
- Denim Day: April 28 – All Day
Click here for a printable flyer to share!